10 Titles to Pick Up Now to Activate Your Strength!
I believe in being effective wherever I go. That means I need to learn more about who I am, what my strengths and weakness are, and and how I react when there is a challenge. I also believe that we emanate energy (some people call it the aura) and that sphere of energy affects the atmosphere wherever you go. My question is, how effective am I as an individual and am I contributing positively to the world around me? Here is a list of 10 books that have helped me tremendously on activating my core strengths and values.
- Chazown: Define Your Vision. Pursue Your Passion. Live Your Life on Purpose – Craig Groeschel
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 – Tom Rath
- Intentionality: Live on Purpose! – Wendy K. Walters
- Managing Oneself (Harvard Business Review Classics) – Peter F. Drucker
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead – Brené Brown
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life – Henry Cloud
- Intentional Living: Choosing a Life That Matters – John C. Maxwell
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change – Stephen R. Covey
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action – Simon Sinek
- The Power of Positive Thinking – Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
I also highly recommend that you take the Kolbe A™ Index Test, a 36-question assessment that measures a person’s instinctive method of problem solving. The Index result describes an individual’s natural strengths and includes a customized audio interpretation offering suggestions on how to leverage these talents to achieve greater personal and professional success.
Would love to know your thoughts! – Julie